Winter Beach Run 10 Mile & 5 Mile
Saturday, January 31, 2015
- 10 Mile and 5 Mile at 1:00 PM | 1 Mile Fun Run at 1:05 PM | The Jacksonville Beach Seawalk Pavilion
Join JTC Running and save $2.00 on this race!!
- Are you aware of the JTC Running membership benefits?
- • A subscription to "The Starting Line" - our bimonthly newsletter about the club, events, and running information.
- • Discounted entry fees at most JTC Running events.
- • JTC Running apparel at a nice price.
- • Social events - A couple times a year we have non-running casual get togethers.
- • Discounts on merchandise at many sports stores and other stores in Jacksonville area - see website for complete list.
Annual Individual Membership $20.00
Annual Family $25.00
Sorry, there are absolutely no refunds!
|10 Mile & 5 Mile||1 Mile Fun Run|
|Through January 24th||$30||FREE|
|January 25th - January 30th||$35||FREE|
|Day of Race||$40||FREE|
|Children 13 and Under, Adults 65+ thru January 24th||$20||No Discount Applicable|
» There is a $2.00 discount if you own your own chip, but chip number must be entered during registration process.
» There is a $2.00 discount through January 24th if you are a current JTC Running Member.
Online registration closes the day prior to the beginning of packet pickup. After online registration closes, you can still register in any 1st Place Sports store or on Race day.
On paper or in person:
You can register at any of our 1st Place Sports stores on our instore computers, or you can mail in a completed entry form to our Race Office: 3931 Baymeadows Road, Jacksonville, Fl 32217. Make checks payable to Winter Beach Run.
Sorry, there are absolutely no refunds!
Search registrations to confirm your registration status:
In-store Registration Search: Click here
Online Registration Search: Click here
Packets will be available for pick up at your selected 1st Place Sports locations on Thursday, January 29th and Friday, January 30th from 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM. All packets will be moved to the race site for raceday pick up beginning an hour before the race.
|Baymeadows Store:||3931 Baymeadows Road, Jax, FL 32217|
|San Marco Store:||2018 San Marco Blvd., Jax, FL 32207|
|Town Center Store:||4870 Big Island Dr., Jax, FL 32246|
|Jax Beach Store:||424 S. 3rd Street, Jax Beach, FL 32250|
|Orange Park Store:||2186 Park Avenue, Orange Park, FL 32073|
|St. Augustine Store:||1000-9 Ponce de Leon Blvd., St. Augustine|
The race will be timed using the MyLaps Timing Chip System (chip must be worn on your shoe during the race). Your entry fee covers the cost of the chip rental. If you have your own chip, you need to enter your chip number on the entry form, and deduct $2.00 from the entry fee. You must cross the timing mats to be included in the results. Do not wear your personal chip if you sign up on raceday!
- 10 Mile:
- • Top Awards: Awards will be presented to the top three men and women overall and to the top three masters male and females.
- • Age Group Awards: Awards will be presented to the top 3 finishers in each of the following male and female age groups: 14-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60- 64, 65-69 and 70 & over.
- • Finisher Medals: All 10 Mile participants will receive a Finisher Medal!
- 5 Mile:
- • Top Awards: Awards will be presented to the 1st > Place Overall Male and Female.
- • Age Group Awards: Awards will be presented to the top three in each age division above including 10 and under, and 11-13.
- • Finisher Medals: All 5 Mile participants will receive a Finisher Medal!
All 5 Mile and 10 Mile participants will receive a custom designed event sweatshirt
The course is out-and-back on the beach at low tide. Both races will run together heading north. The 10 mile course is 2.5 miles north, five miles south and 2.5 miles north to finish. The five mile will finish at the 5 mile mark of the ten mile race.
Directions to the Race Site
The SeaWalk Pavilion is located where 1st Street North and 1st Avenue North meet in Jacksonville Beach. Take Butler Boulevard (Highway 202, Exit 344) from I-95 to A1A and then north three miles to Beach Boulevard.
Arrive early to avoid parking problems. There is a large parking lot west of the SeaWalk Pavilion. Once this lot is full, you will have to look for parking spots farther from the starting area. The later you arrive, the farther away you will have to park.
Speedy Banana will be taking photos of the race.
Grand Prix Race!
The Winter Beach Run is the 11th race of the 2014-2015 Jacksonville Grand Prix schedule. Runners who finish in the top ten of their age group will receive points to be counted in the overall series. Over $5,000 in cash and prizes will be awarded at the end of the series. For more information about the Grand Prix, click here.
Post Race Celebration
Stay after the race for the huge post race party to celebrate the 40th running! Free beer and post race food!