Upcoming Jacksonville Races
Saturday, April 28, 2012
- 6:30 AM Arrival/Kayak Drop Off @ Walter Jones Park
- Race Begins @ 7:30 AM
- Walter Jones Park
- 11964 Mandarin Road
All proceeds from the race will benefit: The Mandarin Museum and Historical Society.
- Until April 21st
- $50.00 for Individual, $40.00/Member for Relay
- April 22nd -april 27th
- $60.00 for Individual, $50.00/Member for Relay
There is NO RACEDAY REGISTRATION!
Sorry, No Refunds!
- Open Men
- Open Women
- Age Division: up to 29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60 and over men and women.
- Relay Teams: One person paddles, one person runs. Divisions for relay are Men, Women, or Mixed. Make sure you write your relay team member on your entry form.
Packets will be available at the Baymeadows 1st Place Sports location (3931 Baymeadows Road, Jacksonville) on Friday, April 27th from 10 AM until 6 PM and then at the racesite on raceday.
Need to Rent a Kayak?
If you do not have a Kayak, you can rent one for the event from Black Creek Outfitters at (904) 645-7003.
Kayak portion is 5.78 miles - starts at Walter Jones Park, travels around Mandarin Point to Mandarin Park. Run/walk portion is 3.9 miles- starts at Mandarin Park and travels along Mandarin Rd, Brady Rd, and Flynn finish back at Walter Jones Park.
Parking is available at Mandarin Presbyterian Church across the street from Walter Jones Park.
A U.S. Coast Guard approved personal flotation device (life jacket) must be worn by each kayaker. We will have motorized safety boats on the water, but competitors must also render assistance to each other in the event of a capsize. If you rent a kayak, a life jacket will be included. There will be kayak security at Mandarin park!
Other Race Information
- • T-shirts to all participants!
- • Post race food and drink!